Update No 3: 13 August, 2010
UPDATE ON NATIONAL AUSTRALIAN BDS CONFERENCE CALL
Building Solidarity, Combating Occupation and Apartheid
National Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions conference
Melbourne, 29 – 31 October 2010
- activism in support of Palestine -
Dear friends and supporters,
Thank you for your emails and support. Within the next week, we will be releasing for your information our initial agenda for the conference, along with information on the speakers who have already agreed to participate in the conference.
In the meantime, endorsements for the conference have continued to come in and since our last update, we have received the endorsements for the conference from:
- Palestine Community Association (Victoria)
- Australian Muslim Committee for Palestine.
- Just Peace Queensland
- Coalition for Justice and Peace in Palestine (Sydney)
- Dr Adel Yousef (Lecturer, Deakin University)
- Melinda Huntely
They have joined the following individuals, community and solidarity groups in endorsing the call for the conference:
- Yousef Alreemawi; advocate for Palestine, academic and refugee activist.
- Leyal Asku – Lawyer.
- Fay Waddington (Palestine Solidarity Queensland)
- Kim Sattler (Secretary Unions ACT)
- Ginny Adams (Organiser, Health and Community Services Union)
- Kathryn Kelly (former ISM activist)
- Garth Smith (Organiser, Seminars in the Sand, Byron Bay)
- Maxine Caron (Organiser, Seminars in the Sand, Byron Bay);
- Friends of Palestine Western Australia (Perth)
- Palestine Solidarity Campaign (Melbourne)
- Students for Palestine (Victoria)
- Action for Palestine (Adelaide)
- Justice for Palestine (Brisbane)
- Australian-Palestinian Cultural Centre Australians for Palestine (Melbourne)
- Australians for Justice and Peace in Palestine (Canberra)
- Women in Black (Melbourne)
- Federation of Australian Muslim Students and Youth (FAMSY)
- Palestine Remembered @ Radio 3CR; Australia’s only radio program that it totally dedicated to the Palestinian cause in English
We would like to encourage all supporters of the Palestinian struggle for self-determination and justice to endorse and support this very important initiative. If you would like to endorse and support the call for the conference, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
We will send out regular updates on the endorsements and the planning for the conference over the next couple of months.
You can keep up with news of what is happening with the conference by joining our email announcement group at: email@example.com (or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you want to be added to the announcement list and we will add you).
Or by joining us on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/group.php?gid=123970357646027
We will also keep our blog regularly updated: https://australianbdscampaign.wordpress.com/
Thank you again and see you all in October!